Monday, May 18, 2009

I got a Kinship Award!!

I received this wonderful kinship award from Smita. Thanks a ton Smita!This award is a great way to show appreciation to all the lovely ladies who motivate me with their sweet comments.......
Smita and I discovered each other last month; since then we have been regular visitors to each others blogs. Smita is one of the very few card making enthusiasts from India that I am aware of, I have learnt a lot from her experiences.

Do drop by Smita’s Blog to see her lovely creations.
I would like to pass on this award to:
Archana
Michelle
Tracy
Tami
Erin
Amy
Eveline
Meghana
I guess most of you must have already received this award from someone else, but I too want to pass this award to you to show how much your comments on my work mean to me.
This award comes with the following description to be added & passed along: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in selfaggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated." It also says: "Please give more attention to theses writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Now to some work I did last week but couldn’t find time to post. The Card Patterns DT is looking for a new design team members. They had provided a sketch based on which you had to make yours. This is what I made. I wanted to make a card with ethnic Indian prints.....at the same time I didn’t want it to look like a traditional Indian wedding invitation....and I guess I did a pretty good job too ;) ........the top strip in the background is recycled handmade gift wrapping paper, the second one is handmade paper from Pondicherry, the third is recycled from an old wedding invitation and the last one is stamped using a wooden block stamp (mehndi stamp). The tassel is also from an old wedding invitation (Indian wedding invitation cards are a great source of all kinds of lovely handmade paper and misc adornments; I have become an ardent collector.......). The bling is also ethnic Indian; it is usually used in traditional attire.

3 comments:

  1. Hey..thanks for this award.I treasure it!

    Thanks a lots for visiting my blogs & posting so encouraging comments.Every comment of yours adds value to my work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That is an awesome way to start the week! Thank you too for always being faithful and looking at my cards! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhi... I love your yellow paper...a friend of me in India ever send me something like that but too bad it is already finish (empty, used)...is it popular paper in India....very sweet paisley card you have created...(I LOVE PAISLEY really much)

    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments about my cards