Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunshine!!

This card is inspired by Card Patterns sketch 3. I have flipped the image. I have used a lot of stitching on this one (my current obsession!!). I have made a rising sun, with the zigzag stitches being sun rays (I hope it does look a bit like the sun :P ). For the sun I used a hand torn semicircular piece of silk handmade paper. To create a 3-D effect I have layered the sun with thin layers of packaging foam (not obvious from the picture).The background paper is again a gift from Yvonne, she is also the guest designer at Card Patterns this week.
The sentiment is written using punched alphabets on a piece of ribbon.

Thanks for visiting!!

2 comments:

  1. Love that sun Juhi! Awesome stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Juhi! I love how you saw the half oval there and made it into a sun. So clever.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments about my cards