Saturday, November 7, 2015

Share Handmade Kindness

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone's having a great Saturday. Today I'm sharing a mixed media canvas I made for a friend;
as a few of you might know I moved to Singapore recently. Right after we moved here, my husband had to travel for work for 5 weeks, leaving me and my LO in a new place with no friends or family around. I was lucky enough to meet my friend at this time, she never let me feel alone in a new place, invited us on play dates, introduced me to her friends and helped me find my way around the neighborhood.....
After reading about Jennifer Mcguire's "Share Handmade Kindness" challenge for friends and family,
I just knew I had to make something for her.
Even though I'm just a beginner when it comes to mixed media, I enjoyed adding all the layers and textures on this canvas.....and love how it turned out.....and the best part is the photo is not fixed and can be changed.
Also playing along
Creative Artiste Challenge 8 - Mixed Media
CAS-ual Chic Challenge - CCC05 - Precious Metals
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. sweet!!! love your contribution to the share handmade kindness challenge:) take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you met someone who showed you such kindness when you were alone, Juhi! There really are very nice people in the world! Your thank you canvas for her will fill her heart with happiness! I love that you thought to make it so she can update the photo as the years go by!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Stunning canvas Juhi, I love all the textures and layers creating depths, I love, the light the clock and love the chunky letters... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mixed media work. Such a nice gesture to create something for a kind friend. Hugs, Damjana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas is just stunning, such beautiful work. Thanks for joining or challenge over at http://creativeartisitemixmeadia.blogspot.com.au
    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you canvas! It is totally stunning. Thank you for entering the CAS-ual Chic Challenge. Have a nice day, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE making canvases and this one is just beautiful!!!! Great take on the CAS-ual Chic challenge! Thanks for joining us, hope to see you playing again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments about my cards